Gallbladder Disease in Phoenix, AZ
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What is gallbladder disease?
Your gallbladder is an organ in your body that stores and regulates the release of bile to help with digestion. Gallbladder disease is a term that refers to a variety of issues and diseases that have a negative effect on the gallbladder. These conditions include:
- Acalculous gallbladder disease: When the gallbladder develops inflammation without the presence of gallstones.
- Biliary dyskinesia: Decreased gallbladder function.
- Choledocholithiasis: A gallstone is caught in the exit passageway of the gallbladder. When this happens, the gallbladder could become inflamed.
- Sclerosing cholangitis: Ongoing inflammation and damage to the bile duct system that results in scarring.
- Cholecystitis: An inflammation of the gallbladder that is often the result of gallstones. Over time, the gallbladder can shrink and lose the ability to excrete bile.
- Gallstones: Solid particles that can occlude the route to the gallbladder and bile ducts.
If you develop a gallbladder condition such as any of the conditions mentioned above, it is important to have an experienced GI provider guide you through the treatment process. At Arizona Digestive Health, our specialists can help. To find treatment for gallbladder disease in Phoenix, AZ, please reach out to a location near you today to request a consultation.
What causes gallbladder disease?
The majority of gallbladder problems arise from the formation of gallstones, which occur when cholesterol and other materials located in liver bile coagulate and create stones. There could also be tumors that prevent the bile from draining correctly, blood vessel issues, or infection. Whatever the reason behind gallbladder disease, you can find specialized care at an Arizona Digestive Health location in your community. Our board-certified GI specialists can assess your gallbladder condition and help you select the best option for treatment.
What are common symptoms of gallbladder disease?
Symptoms can vary from person to person. Common symptoms of gallbladder disease include:
- Intense abdominal discomfort, particularly in your upper right or center abdomen
- Throwing up
- Feeling nauseous
- Pain that spreads to your right shoulder or back
- Tenderness in the abdomen
If you are experiencing one or more of the concerning gastrointestinal symptoms mentioned above, consult an Arizona Digestive Health location right away to request a consultation.
What treatments are available for gallbladder disease?
The primary strategy to decrease the chance of gallstones is to sustain a normal weight, reduce your weight slowly if needed, and follow a healthy lifestyle. A number of gallbladder diseases can be detected through a basic ultrasound. In some cases, your provider may recommend having additional images like an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) or CT (computed tomography) scan. When gallbladder disease is present, treatment options may be:
- Cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
- Fasting for a certain time period (this can allow an inflamed gallbladder to rest and reduce inflammation)
- Pain medications
- Medications to dissolve gallstones
If you or someone you love are seeking treatment for gallbladder disease in Phoenix, AZ, we can help you consider your options.
Seek treatment for gallbladder disease
Gallbladder conditions, such as cholecystitis, biliary dyskinesia, and gallstones, can be identified and managed by a skilled GI provider at Arizona Digestive Health. If you or a loved one are experiencing concerning symptoms related to digestive health, it is important that you seek out a GI specialist near you to be evaluated for issues like gallbladder disease. As a physician-led network of GI providers, our locations are equipped with the latest innovative treatment solutions for those experiencing gallbladder disease. To connect with an experienced gastroenterologist who treats gallbladder disease in Phoenix, AZ, call a location near you today.
He was very pleasant and explain the procedure, so I would be able to understand.
Dr. Ratuapli makes everything very easy to understand and listens to all of your concerns and questions. He will take his time with you and make sure you get all of your questions answered and needs met. Highly recommend him.
Very friendly and personable. Dr. Schwart educated me on how the colon works and the colonoscopy process during my consultation. My coloniscopy was scheduled immediately after. I will give an update after the colonoscopy
Excellent experience. Dr. Foley is the type of Doctor we never have enough of. He takes a personal concern and shows a sincere interest in the patients health
Dr. Grade is a great GI doctor who listens carefully to all your concerns and responds with answers that help you understand. He is also a dr who is patient and empathetic.