Diseases of the Liver in Arizona
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What are diseases of the liver?
The liver is the largest internal organ and it performs important functions such as helping in digestion, storing energy, and filtering toxins from your body. When your liver is not functioning properly, it can have a detrimental effect on your entire body. Different conditions can have a serious impact on your body's liver including infection, cancer, immune system problems, and inherited conditions. At Arizona Digestive Health, we assist in diagnosing and treating liver diseases so that you can return to better digestive health. Contact our location to learn more about liver diseases in Phoenix, AZ.
What are the symptoms of liver disease?
Symptoms that something is wrong with the liver can include:
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Skin irritation
- Changes in urine
- Pale stool
- Unexpected weight loss or weight gain
If you are experiencing the above symptoms, it is important for you to see a gastroenterologist in Phoenix, AZ right away. Contact Arizona Digestive Health to find a location near you.
What are some common diseases of the liver?
There are a few common liver diseases that could cause the above symptoms. Some examples are:
- Hepatitis (A, B, and C): This is a variety of viral infection that causes inflammation in the liver. Depending on the type, it can be caught from consuming contaminated food or water, or from using an infected needle. Hepatitis A and B are vaccine-preventable.
- Liver cancer: Cancer that originates in the liver. Might be a complication of hepatitis or heavy drinking.
- Hemochromatosis: This is an inherited condition where the body stores too much iron, causing iron buildup in the organs.
- Fatty liver disease: Too much fat builds up inside the liver, leading to cirrhosis and sometimes liver failure. This can be due to alcohol consumption, or in the case of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, the exact cause is unknown but it is correlated to obesity and the typical western diet.
These and other conditions can be a serious threat to your quality of life. If you suspect any of the above conditions or have troubling symptoms related to your GI tract, seek expert help with the providers at Arizona Digestive Health. You can find treatment for liver diseases at our location in Phoenix, AZ.
Contact us todayFind A Provider Find A Location
Help for diseases of the liver
Many diseases of the liver can lead to cirrhosis, the buildup of scar tissue in the liver, and sometimes liver failure. If you have any troubling symptoms, then it is important to seek expert care right away. The providers at Arizona Digestive Health are part of a physician-led network of gastroenterologists dedicated to putting patients first, and being on the forefront of new and emerging technologies and treatments for digestive health. To request a consultation in Phoenix, AZ, contact our location and learn how to put your digestive health in a better place.
Everyone from setting up the appointment to pre and post procedure was very professional and friendly.
The staff made the whole experience extremely easy and did it all while being incredibly kind. Thank you to everyone there.
Dr Faybush is absolutely amazing. She takes her time and listens. This was the first experience I’ve had with a doctor in a long time that I didn’t feel rushed at all and I actually felt heard. I would definitely recommend going to see her.
First time meeting my new doctor. He seems very knowledgeable he seems just as good as my past two that retired. Any assured me he wasn't retiring anytime soon. Highly recommend him.