Diseases of the Gallbladder in Arizona
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What is gallbladder disease?
The gallbladder stores and releases bile to help with digestive processes. Diseases of the gallbladder include any conditions that negatively impact the function of the gallbladder. These conditions include:
- Gallstones- Hardened particles of digestive fluid block the bile ducts and the passageway to the gallbladder.
- Cholecystitis- Inflammation of the gallbladder. Can be caused by gallstones. When not addressed, the gallbladder can shrink and stop releasing bile.
- Choledocholithiasis- A gallstone gets lodged in the exit pathway of the gallbladder, causing the gallbladder to become inflamed.
- Acalculous gallbladder disease- The gallbladder becomes inflamed in the absence of gallstones.
- Biliary dyskinesia- The gallbladder performs at a lower than normal function level.
- Sclerosing cholangitis- Ongoing inflammation and damage to the bile duct system that leads to scarring.
Should you be afflicted with any of the conditions above, know that you have expert help close at hand through Arizona Digestive Health. To locate a gastroenterologist in Phoenix, AZ, contact our team and obtain a partner in guiding you toward better digestive health.
What causes gallbladder disease?
Many gallbladder issues arise because of the formation of gallstones. Gallstones form when cholesterol and other substances found in liver bile clot together and harden. There also may be tumors, infections, or blood vessel issues that keep the bile from draining from the gallbladder correctly. No matter the cause of your gallbladder condition, you can receive skilled assistance through Arizona Digestive Health. Our providers are partnered with the nation's leading physician-led network of gastroenterologists, and we look forward to evaluating your condition and finding the ideal path for treatment.
What are the symptoms of gallbladder disease?
If you have a gallbladder condition, your symptoms might include:
- Pain that spreads to your back or right shoulder
- Abdomen tender to the touch
- Severe abdominal pain, especially in your upper right or center abdomen
Should you experience any of these concerning GI tract symptoms, contact an expert gastroenterologist in Phoenix, AZ right away.
What are the treatments for gallbladder disease?
The most ideal way to prevent the formation of gallstones is to maintain a healthy weight and consume a healthy diet. Most gallbladder diseases can be identified with an ultrasound. Your provider may suggest additional imaging tests such as a CT or MRI scan. Possible treatments for your condition could include:
- Gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy)
- Medications to dissolve gallstones
- Fasting- this can give your inflamed gallbladder a rest and decrease inflammation.
- Pain relief medication
Innovative gallbladder disease treatment
If you have a gallbladder condition like gallstones, cholecystitis, or biliary dyskinesia, you can be diagnosed and treated by one of our Arizona Digestive Health providers. Should you experience any troubling symptoms related to your digestive tract, it is vital for you to contact an expert gastroenterologist in Phoenix, AZ right away. Our location is equipped with the latest in innovative treatment options for patients with gallbladder disease. Contact Arizona Digestive Health to have your gallbladder disease assessed and treated.
Dr. Ratuapli is a great doctor. I have had stomach issues for years. I was just brushed off by other physicians it was gerd, acid reflux or my gallbladder which was none of my cases losing a gallbladder out all the misdiagnoses. I found Dr. Ratuapli he found what was going on with my stomach issues having properly diagnosed I feel better. He is a very humble man taking his time to listen. I would recommend him to my family & friends.
Best by far doctors office I have ever been to. Efficient, professional and with a smile.
Dr Levy and his staff were excellent! I felt fully informed throughout the entire process. Highly recommend!
Really good experience seeing. Dr. Berggreen. He went over all of the scans/reports that I brought with me. Was very thorough and took plenty of time with me. I did not wait long. Office staff was professional and kind.
Fast and efficient, no lingering pain or worries