Gastroenterology Diets in Arizona
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What are gastroenterology diets?
Changing your regular diet can assist in treating or diagnosing digestive and gastrointestinal conditions. Our providers at Arizona Digestive Health may recommend a certain diet to be performed under the supervision of one of our gastroenterologists to assist in pinpointing the cause of GI issues or to alleviate certain symptoms of a condition. If you feel you might benefit from one of the possible gastroenterology diets that we recommend, please contact our Phoenix, AZ location to request a consulation with an experienced provider of GI care.
What gastroenterology diets are there?
A few of the possible diets we might recommend to treat or diagnose various ailments include the following:
- Clear liquid diet: This diet is typically recommended to prepare the bowels for a diagnostic procedure or to reintroduce nutrition after a period of no intake, such as after surgery.
- FODMAP diet for IBS: This diet calls for the elimination of carbohydrate molecules found in specific foods.
- Full liquid diet: This diet is intended to help transition to eating solid foods again, like after a period of no intake such as following surgery.
- Gas prevention diet: Foods intended to help reduce excessive flatulence.
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD) diet: A diet intended to relieve symptoms of GERD including acid reflux, chest pain, and coughing.
- Gastroparesis diet: The intended nutrients to stay healthy and avoid unnecessary digestive distress when the patient has gastroparesis or the decreased motility of the digestive system.
- Gluten-free diet: Foods that do not contain gluten as to treat celiac disease.
- High fiber diet: A diet high in fiber promotes digestive regularity and helps treat a wide variety of GI ailments such as constipation.
- High/low iron diet: A high iron diet can treat iron deficiency anemia and a low iron diet can assist with the condition of hemochromatosis.
- Lactose-free diet: Provided for patients with lactose intolerance, these diets eliminating milk products can help alleviate distressing digestive conditions like bloating and constipation.
- Low copper diet for Wilson’s disease: This diet reduces copper intake to help regulate the hereditary condition of Wilson's disease.
- Low fiber/low residue diet: This diet reduces fiber intake to help in healing after GI surgery or to treat medical conditions like diverticulitis.
- Low oxalate diet: Limits foods containing oxalates to help limit the formation of kidney stones.
- Low protein diet: Recommended for patients with liver or kidney disease to help limit protein intake.
- Low sodium diet: Diet that often aids in treating conditions like heart disease, pulmonary disease, and renal disease.
Please contact Arizona Digestive Health and get in touch with a gastroenterologist who can help supervise your diet before you attempt one. Our providers in Phoenix, AZ are well-equipped to help you diagnose and manage a full range of digestive ailments that you might experience.
What is the purpose of a gastroenterology diet?
Certain gastroenterology diets such as the clear liquid diet are intended to help in diagnosing a condition by clearing the digestive tract prior to a diagnostic procedure. Some diets such as the lactose-free diet and the gluten-free diet aim to eliminate foods that trigger unpleasant symptoms. Other diets can promote general health and wellness, which is achieved through treating the digestive system well. We highly recommend you contact our providers at Arizona Digestive Health before you look into making a drastic change to your diet. Gastroenterologists who can help supervise your condition during your change to a gastroenterology diet can be contacted through our location in Phoenix, AZ.
Supervision for diet changes
A change in diet can help identify gastrointestinal issues and treat various conditions of the GI tract. If you are interested in learning how a certain diet might benefit you, then we encourage you to reach out to the providers at Arizona Digestive Health. As partners with the nation's leading physician-led network of gastroenterologists, Arizona Digestive Heath puts patients first and offers the leading techniques and technologies for treating and diagnosing digestive health issues. Reach out to our location in Phoenix, AZ to request a consultation.
These people are extremely nice , I was worried and they were very comforting, explained all that they needed to do . I would have everyone who needs a gastrointestinal dr. To go to Dr. Vulcano. He is truly awesome.
I have been seeing Dr Wells for almost 20 yrs. I have always had a good experience. Dr Wells and his staff are extremely helpful and patience.
I have been Dr. Meline's patient for 20 years now. I have had several colonoscopies and endoscopies due to some health issues that needed to be monitored and followed up over the years. He has been committed to his profession and since our last communication he has performed over 50,000 colonoscopies and endoscopies. He is a doctor that you can trust and exhibits honesty and integrity.
Dr. Saperstein is a consummate professional. His approach is thorough and his manner is respectful and comforting.
This is my second time visiting this wonderful team and I can honestly say, they are on top of their game! I work in the medical field and everyone from the Doctor to the nurses to the front desk and medical assistants, they are 100% phenomenal in what they do. Dr Chokshi is the BEST! I do not want to go anywhere else for a colonoscopy. I’ve had two now, with Dr Chokshi, and both times the experience was very pleasant. I know that sounds crazy for a colonoscopy, but it’s true! If you ever need a colonoscopy and worried about the experience, you need to come here, it’s a piece of cake. And I will be bringing my husband back in 3 months. I highly recommend Dr Chokshi and his team!