Gastroenterology Diets in Arizona
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What are gastroenterology diets?
Changing your regular diet can assist in treating or diagnosing digestive and gastrointestinal conditions. Our providers at Arizona Digestive Health may recommend a certain diet to be performed under the supervision of one of our gastroenterologists to assist in pinpointing the cause of GI issues or to alleviate certain symptoms of a condition. If you feel you might benefit from one of the possible gastroenterology diets that we recommend, please contact our Phoenix, AZ location to request a consulation with an experienced provider of GI care.
What gastroenterology diets are there?
A few of the possible diets we might recommend to treat or diagnose various ailments include the following:
- Clear liquid diet: This diet is typically recommended to prepare the bowels for a diagnostic procedure or to reintroduce nutrition after a period of no intake, such as after surgery.
- FODMAP diet for IBS: This diet calls for the elimination of carbohydrate molecules found in specific foods.
- Full liquid diet: This diet is intended to help transition to eating solid foods again, like after a period of no intake such as following surgery.
- Gas prevention diet: Foods intended to help reduce excessive flatulence.
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD) diet: A diet intended to relieve symptoms of GERD including acid reflux, chest pain, and coughing.
- Gastroparesis diet: The intended nutrients to stay healthy and avoid unnecessary digestive distress when the patient has gastroparesis or the decreased motility of the digestive system.
- Gluten-free diet: Foods that do not contain gluten as to treat celiac disease.
- High fiber diet: A diet high in fiber promotes digestive regularity and helps treat a wide variety of GI ailments such as constipation.
- High/low iron diet: A high iron diet can treat iron deficiency anemia and a low iron diet can assist with the condition of hemochromatosis.
- Lactose-free diet: Provided for patients with lactose intolerance, these diets eliminating milk products can help alleviate distressing digestive conditions like bloating and constipation.
- Low copper diet for Wilson’s disease: This diet reduces copper intake to help regulate the hereditary condition of Wilson's disease.
- Low fiber/low residue diet: This diet reduces fiber intake to help in healing after GI surgery or to treat medical conditions like diverticulitis.
- Low oxalate diet: Limits foods containing oxalates to help limit the formation of kidney stones.
- Low protein diet: Recommended for patients with liver or kidney disease to help limit protein intake.
- Low sodium diet: Diet that often aids in treating conditions like heart disease, pulmonary disease, and renal disease.
Please contact Arizona Digestive Health and get in touch with a gastroenterologist who can help supervise your diet before you attempt one. Our providers in Phoenix, AZ are well-equipped to help you diagnose and manage a full range of digestive ailments that you might experience.
What is the purpose of a gastroenterology diet?
Certain gastroenterology diets such as the clear liquid diet are intended to help in diagnosing a condition by clearing the digestive tract prior to a diagnostic procedure. Some diets such as the lactose-free diet and the gluten-free diet aim to eliminate foods that trigger unpleasant symptoms. Other diets can promote general health and wellness, which is achieved through treating the digestive system well. We highly recommend you contact our providers at Arizona Digestive Health before you look into making a drastic change to your diet. Gastroenterologists who can help supervise your condition during your change to a gastroenterology diet can be contacted through our location in Phoenix, AZ.
Contact us todayFind A Provider Find A Location
Supervision for diet changes
A change in diet can help identify gastrointestinal issues and treat various conditions of the GI tract. If you are interested in learning how a certain diet might benefit you, then we encourage you to reach out to the providers at Arizona Digestive Health. As partners with the nation's leading physician-led network of gastroenterologists, Arizona Digestive Heath puts patients first and offers the leading techniques and technologies for treating and diagnosing digestive health issues. Reach out to our location in Phoenix, AZ to request a consultation.
Have to be one of the best GI doctors in the state. Very easy to talk to. Remember what’s going on in your life which is a big part of better health. Take the time needed to answer all of your questions. Ask I am leaving he always say if you need me you know you can always call. My doctor for life.
Dr. Schwartz is an awesome doctor. He's very professional, honest
Good first-time visit, via telehealth at my request. Dr. Chokshi listened patiently about my background and gave advice clearly. Dr. Chokshi is well worth seeing
I have many disorders but the treatment I received at Dr yalam was very professional and he took care of all necessities I would recommend him to anybody and everybody having digestive or GI track issues
Danielle was very easy to work with and had thoroughly reviewed my history so I didn't have to go over everything again.